Skip to content

Property Tour

Conference Halls

To meet the growing demand for programs and for use of the facilities, a fund raising campaign began in 1985 for more accommodation space (St. Luke’s Lodge) and in 1991, more meeting space (Conference Hall).  The upper floor is accessible near the main parking lot. It includes a large open meeting room with tables and chairs for up…

Read More

Luke

The Luke building (named for the third gospel account) was not constructed until 1990, but is similarly built into the side of the hill. Twelve bedrooms with private bathrooms look out onto a large green space, and the lounge has a high ceiling and wood-burning fireplace.    

Read More

Prayer Shelter

The Prayer Shelter was built in 1985 through the work of St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church in Simcoe. Anchored by four pillars made of stones collected from the fields at Crieff Hills, its walls are made from local trees and the roof is covered in cedar shingles. It has a stained glass window of praying hands…

Read More

Amphitheatre

In 2003, a large group of young people from the nearby Canada Youth Conference (CY03) installed an outdoor amphitheatre in the green space between the Dove House and the House of the Prophet. This large open area has a wooden platform, log benches and a large cross anchored in a decades-old stone pile. Located in…

Read More

Forest Trails

There is an extensive network of hiking trails at Crieff Hills that wind their way through pine and hardwood forest. Short, contemplative paths are located around the main buildings. The orange and red trails are quite extensive, leading to the edges of the property, and can take over an hour to hike. Purple, yellow and…

Read More

Picnic Shelters

There are three different shelters on the Crieff Hills property. The first is located beyond the Dove House in a now wooded area. The first was built in 1973 by Louie Maier Ltd. and volunteers from St. Andrew’s PC, Hespeler. This square wooden cabin was created in order to host local church and Presbytery day…

Read More

Ruth

With the help of the architectural firm Brown, Beck & Ross, a family home for the director was created in the late 1970’s. The frame house, built into the side of a hill, allowed for a walk-out basement which became the first Crieff Hills office. Wavy cedar siding was used to cover the outside of…

Read More

Shepherd

In 1940 Col. Maclean commissioned a stone cottage to be built for the herdsman who cared for his animals, including cattle, sheep, chickens and horses. It made from local stones and during its construction, a limekiln was made on the site to produce the mortar for construction. Remnants of the kiln can still be seen…

Read More

Hermitage

Just behind the House of the Dove is a small stone building. It was originally a milk house, located near the barn, and provided a cool storage area for the milk and cream waiting to be taken to the local dairy. Some time after the Dove sisters had moved out of the house, it was…

Read More

Dove

Originally purchased in 1833 by John McDiarmid and his wife Margaret (Stewart), this part of the property was heavily forested at one time. Once it was cleared for farmland, a log cabin was built and remained there until 1864 when it was replaced by the present stone house. The original laneway went east to the…

Read More