In 2010 a new building was added to the site in order to provide personal retreat space. Overlooking a field in one direction and a forested ravine on the other, the location was chosen for its natural setting and privacy. It has five self-contained one-bedroom suites and one two-bedroom suite, along with an additional common…

Read More

Originally this eight sided house was built in Kitchener to serve as a temporary condominium sales office.  When it was no longer useful, it was offered to Crieff Hills. In the fall of 1992 the maintenance team and volunteers dismantled, transported and reassembled the house on a new concrete foundation, where a back deck and…

Read More

Not long after the Thompson family moved to Crieff, they deeded a small section of their land for the purpose of a school. The first log building was small and poorly heated and was later replaced by a cottage-style frame school. In 1874 the current schoolhouse was constructed by stone mason Mr. Ritchie and his…

Read More

This log house was built in 1845 for Big John and Ann Thomson. It was constructed from trees that were felled on the property with a small side addition added in later years. The original stone fireplace is the focal point of the main floor living room/kitchen with several small bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.…

Read More

Making use of the original laneway leading to House of Prophet, two group accommodation houses were constructed in 1976. Named Matthew and Mark after the first two gospel accounts in the Bible, they were built into the side of a hill in order to allow for a walkout at both levels. They are close enough…

Read More