Some of our facilities are open to pre-registered guests.
In the coming weeks Crieff Hills will remain open, although with limited offerings. We believe that in this anxious time, we can serve you well by offering a safe and natural sanctuary. We closely follow the province’s guidelines and our Director Rev. Kristine, board and staff are working hard to ensure guest and community safety.
We continue to offer:
- Day visits for hiking & walking the labyrinth (please pre-register by emailing [email protected])
- Porch pickup for online purchases (honey, eggs, meals etc.)
Please note that some buildings are not available:
- Retreat houses are closed to all groups (except single households) until further notice.
- The Pines Common Room, previously available for day guests, is closed.
- Conference Hall
- Individual suites, such as: The Pines, Hermitage, Robert Yeats and The Prodigal.
We have adopted new procedures to keep everyone safe:
- Each guest who visits our property must be pre-registered with contact information for tracing purposes.
- Our housekeeping staff have new cleaning protocols in place. In between guests, suites are left to air out for 24 hours, and then cleaned according to local public health guidelines.
- Key pickup and drop off is contactless. All registration, purchases and payment can be completed online or on the phone.
You can change or cancel reservations.
If you have a retreat reservation from March 2020 or earlier, you have three options: Many groups and individuals have postponed their reservations until 2021. If you still have a reservation but need to cancel, please contact us at [email protected] or 1-800-884-1525.
1. Refund: We know that many are struggling through this financial crisis. If you require a refund, this will be provided via your original method of payment.
2. Credit: You can carry your deposit forward for any future event.
3. Donation: If you are able, some or all of your deposit may be redirected as a donation to help ensure our future ministry. Tax receipts are issued for every contribution over $20.
Crieff Hills continues to be a place of refuge and renewal.
Our site remains well cared for.
We work hard to be good stewards of the land and buildings entrusted to us, and our staff are keeping everything clean and beautiful for you.
We are making financial decisions that will ensure the future of our shared mission.
The sudden lack of income was frightening when the pandemic began, but we moved quickly to prepare for what has proven to be a long-term closure. We were forced to say goodbye to some of our beloved staff and curtail almost all spending. Despite these measures, we are still in need of support for our ongoing fixed costs and your gifts would be gratefully received. See our Donate page (under Get Involved) for how to help.
We have increased our sanitation practices.
We are committed to enhancing safety measures based on the latest available information. This includes using cleaning products in accordance with health guidelines and posting hygiene instructions provided by our local health unit. Staff are provided with ample personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks and gloves.
We are finding new ways to serve.
Our new online store means you can enjoy frozen meals and soups, honey and honey products, farm fresh eggs, and specialty baked items. Chef Damien prepares and packs every meal following stringent safety protocols including handwashing, face masks, and regularly sterilizing all surfaces and cooking equipment. Payment is received by e-transfer and porch pickup is easy.