Finding ways to get outside and connect with nature have never been more important. Fresh air and exercise can improve your mental health, offer respite from your busy life, and improve physical well-being. Time for meditation and prayer help you to be attuned to the Spirit and attentive to the Divine. All of our programs offer close encounters with green spaces and opportunity for healing andjoy.
Good Friday Prayer Walk
Visit our outdoor stations of the cross
Friday April 2nd 2021
Traditionally, the Stations of the Cross include a series of images depicting Jesus and his journey to the toward crucifixion.
When: Friday April 2 from 1pm-7pm
Cost: Participation is by donation (a minimum of $20 per family is suggested)
At this event:
- Our path will take you through the woods with Jesus, stopping along the way for reflection and prayer.
- You will visit the cross, labyrinth and prayer shelter as the story of Jesus' last day unfolds.
- The walk is to be completed at a contemplative pace, and guests will be able to socially distance easily.
- Book a time for you to walk by yourself, or for those in your household to walk together.
- Plan to spend 30-60 minutes, depending on how quickly you walk.
- A clean public restroom will be available.
Pre-registration is required. Dogs are welcome but must be leashed at all times. Please dress for the weather. Sturdy footwear is recommended. Masks are required inside any building. Outdoors they are recommended but not required. We are following all Wellington-Duffering-Guelph protocols to keep everyeone safe.
All-Ages Easter Egg Hunt
Hop along the bunny trail!
Saturday April 3rd 2021
Enjoy getting outside together on our spacious lawns where everyone can be safely distanced while having fun.
When: Saturday April 3rd from 10am to 1pm.
Cost: $10 Egg hunt participants $5 all other guests. BYOB: Bring your own basket
At this event:
- Special egg hunt areas for every age group (even teens and adults!)
- Exchange your eggs for a bag of sweet Easter treats
- Say hello to our sheep and chicks
- Colouring sheets and crayons
- Refreshment stand with tea, coffee and treats for sale
- Family picnic area
- Access to walking trails all day
- Clean public restrooms
- Free parking and wifi
- Rain or shine—be sure to dress for the weather!
Pre-registration is required. Please, no dogs at this event. Masks are required inside any building (including restrooms). Outdoors they are recommended but not required. We are following all Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph public heath protocols to keep everyone safe.
The Birds and the Bees
Saturday May 8 2021
Twice a year we are joined by Brian Pomfret, a local licensed bird bander. He carefully catches birds as part of a continent-wide study of bird populations, identifying various species and offering education for beginners and experienced birders alike. Come and see how the birds are captured and banded for identification and then help in their release back into the wild.
During your visit, you are invited to walk to our nearby bee hives and learn about honey production here at Crieff Hills. Watch from a distance, or put on a bee jacket and get up close and personal with our hard working bees! Our beekeeper will be happy to give you a tour and answer your questions.
Safe, clean washrooms are provided for program participants only. Physical distancing will be in effect, but masks are optional while outdoors.
To register, send an email to [email protected] On arrival, come to the schoolhouse at the entrance to sign in (contact tracing information is stored for 30 days). Cost is $10 per person and can be sent via e-transfer or by card/cash on arrival.